On Saturday April 12th, The New Milford Volunteer Fire Department had its groundbreaking ceremony for the renovation and additions to both Company One on Center Street and Company Two on Trenton Street. The new building at Company Two is replacing an aging structure built in 1921 as the 100th anniversary approaches. The additions to Company One and Two include a gear room, fitness room, and bunk rooms for firefighters during extended operations like hurricanes and snowstorms. The construction is set to be completed around December.
More photographs are available at